International students now have equal opportunity to pursue their Bachelor’s degree while receiving financial support at the same time by applying for the Valencia College Achievers Awards for International Students. Subjects available for this scholarship is not limited to specific field so anyone enrolling for their freshman year can definitely apply!
Valencia College is located in Orlando, Florida. It is a public state college and as a matter of fact, Aspen Institute named it the top community college in the U.S in 2011. New high-achieving international students are invited to apply for the Valencia College Achievers Awards for International Students. This scholarship will award qualified candidates with funding based on merit achievement at the secondary level from $500 up to $1.000 USD. As the basic requirements for all interested applicants, they must all have a minimum 3.0 GPA. The scholarship cannot be renewable and is only applied to the first term fees as well as tuition. Candidates who have never attended university are all eligible for this program.
Aside from the fact that the scholarship is open for all international students of all nationalities, in order to be considered for the scholarship, it is compulsory that candidates fulfil all the following entrance requirements:
- Candidates must submit application for admission at Valencia College as well as the other required application materials. See ISS Application requirements here.
- Candidates must submit the scholarship application accompanied by an essay question. You can get the form here.
- Plan to graduate senior high school by the time of enrolment and must have a minimum of 3.0 GPA
- Candidates must be a first time college applicant and must have not attended a university or college before.
- Candidates must plan to enrol as an F-1 visa international student
- Candidates must submit materials by the established closing date
- In the case of English not being your first language, then the university will require you to provide evidence that your English ability is at a high enough level to succeed in your studies. Provide proof of English proficiency and can be done by meeting one of the following:
- Official IELTS result with min. score 5.5
- Official TOEFL result with min. score 45
- Official LOEP result with min. score 86 and is offered at Valencia college
- Successful completion of English Composition at a college-level in which the grade received is either C or better
- The successful completion of an Associate in Arts degree, high school, bachelor’s degree or any higher at a school in which English functions as the main language of courses or instruction.
How to Apply
Should you be interested in applying for the Valencia College Achievers Awards for International Students, please submit your application no later than June 15th, 2018 or else your application will not be accepted nor considered.
As the first step of the application, students must submit Valencia College application for admission as well as the other required application documents where you can see in details at the ISS Application requirements website. Then, students must submit the scholarship application accompanied by an essay question by using the form here.
Students will receive notifications of the outcome on July 1st, 2018.