Young students who wishes to pursue their Bachelor’s degree abroad but financial situation gets in the way can now send their application for the Undergraduate Scholarship at the University of Information Science and Technology “St Paul the Apostle” for International Students. You will actually have the chance to study in Republic of Macedonia without worrying about financial obligations for the funding helps you with your tuition fees, monthly allowance, health insurance and more.
The Ministry of Education and Science of the Republic of Macedonia has the goal to enhance the education as well as the educational system in the Republic of Macedonia, to enhance science, scientific achievements as well as innovations through the application of the principles of quality, civic responsibility, economy and connection with the labor market. Students who are under 22 years of age and are from countries which are of interest to the Republic of Macedonia (“Official Gazette” br.169/13) are eligible for this funding. The university is located in Ohrid, Republic of Macedonia.
The scholarship is available to pursue undergraduate degree in the following programs:
- Faculty of Information Systems, Visualization, Multimedia and Animation
- Faculty of Computer Science and Engineering
- Faculty of Communication Networks and Security
- Faculty of Information and Communication Science
- Faculty of Applied IT, Machine Intelligence and Robotics
- Study program of Digital Business Informatics
- Study Program of E-Government, E-Business and E-Culture
As for the English language requirements, every program’s official language is English and courses are held by distinguishes international and local lecturers.
Only one scholarship is available and that’s why this is highly competitive. Here are the details of the award:
- Full tuition fees which includes:
- Visa and residence permit fees
- Accommodation and food (full board) at the University’s dorm called Nikola Karev in Ohrid for 10 months per annum. This includes months of July and August in case students don’t return home
- Return air fare from the applicant’s home country
- Primary healthcare insurance
- A 5.000 MKD monthly allowance which is approximately 82 EUR for 9 months per annum
Interested students are required to provide a complete set of electronic copies of the following:
- Application form
- Official transcripts
- Official high school diploma/certificate where applicable
- Proof of English proficiency for students whose first language is not English. The compulsory English proficiency evidence may take the form of either: 1) acceptable English language qualification/test result. It must have been awarded no more than 2 years before the proposed date of enrollment. 2) a minimum of 15 months substantial education conducted in English and undertaken no more than 2 years before the date of the enrollment.
Accepted English results are as follows:
- IGCSE with grade B/better in English Second Language
- GCEO/GCSE with grade C/better in English Language
- IGCSE with grade C/better in English First Language
- IELTS with an overall band of 6.5/better
- Paper-based TOEFL with a score of 550/better or for computer-based is 213 and for internet-based is 80.
- SAT with subscores of 550/better in Critical Reading and 550/better in Writing
- Higher Level English Language (B syllabus) with grade 4/better; Standard Level English Language (B Syllabus) with grade 5/better; Standard or Higher Level English Language (A1/A2 Syllabus) with grade 4/better; Standard Level English with grade 4/better – Performance and Text; Standard Level English with grade 4 – Performance and Literature (A1 Syllabus) at International Baccalaureate
- Official document that indicate applicants don’t have criminal records and are not under criminal investigation at the moment of application certified with Apostle Stamp. With the exception to several countries, below are 2 different documents:
- An electronic copy of the passport that is valid for the next 4 years
- Official general medical report (includes medical tests for Hepatitis C and HIV)
- Additionally, applicants must submit contact details from two academic teachers/professors that’ll provide confidential letters of recommendation for them. If you send them as hard copy documents, you need to send them in a sealed envelope that’s signed by the originator of the reference across the seal
All documents must be in English or certified translations in English. Applications for the Undergraduate Scholarship at the University of Information Science and Technology “St Paul the Apostle” for international students that are submitted after July 31, 2018 will not be accepted.
Please submit the documents to the following address:
Ministry for Education and Science of the Republic of Macedonia
Sv. KiriliI Metodij Street, No.54
Republic of Macedonia
For further information, visit the official scholarship website