You are able to submit your application for Symantec Graduate Fellowship Program for postdoctoral applicants. There is a big chance for you to win the awards, including studying abroad in USA next year. Read the descriptions below.
The Symantec Graduate Fellowship Program for postdoctoral applicants offers some benefits for the eligible applicants as follow:
- up to $20,000 USD that may be used to cover one year of the student’s tuition fees and to reimburse expenses incurred by the student to engage into research collaboration with Symantec,
- conference registration fees,
- travel expenses, hardware, etc.
- If the fellowship is to cover tuition, this portion of the award will be made through the university.
It is designed for those who have completed their Ph.D. degree and meet the eligibility criteria offered by the host institution. The main purpose of the fellowship is to support innovative research that contributes good value in Symantec business areas with the awards. The following areas are as follow:
- Next Generation Security: Security, cryptography and cyber-risk assessment and modeling, in the areas of networks, information security, big data analytics, data center, privacy, cloud, etc.
- Network and Cloud Security: Advance the state of the art in digital certificates, high throughput network security, securing public/private Cloud infrastructure, applications, and services, etc.
- Machine learning and data mining: Extend and apply predictive-analytics and anomaly-detection algorithms at scale, in support of the security and systems areas mentioned above.
Here are the eligibility criteria of the Symantec Graduate Fellowship Program for postdoctoral applicants as follow:
- Applying students must be enrolled in a Ph.D. program.
- Preference will be given to students with a desire to work in an industrial research lab and those working on innovative research projects in areas related to Symantec’s businesses such as host-based and network security, cloud computing, virtualization, machine learning, data mining, etc.
- Recipients will also be selected based on their overall potential for research excellence and their academic progress to date as evidenced by publications.
How to Apply
Some documents should be attached on your application of the fellowships. They are as follow:
- Resume or C.V.
- Personal statement of research interests not to exceed 500 words. Applicants are strongly encouraged to articulate the value and novelty of their research.
- Two letters of recommendation from professors or industry researchers who can evaluate the applicant’s scientific aptitude and potential for research. Letters of recommendation may be sent separately and confidentially.
The deadline of the Symantec Graduate Fellowship Program for postdoctoral applicants must be no later than 5:00pm on December 1st, 2017 (Pacific Time Zone). The candidates must be aware of the telephone interviews conducted by the host institutions. The successful fellows are going to be announced next year in January. You can email the application to SRLFellowship@Symantec.com or send via post office to
Attn. Kevin Roundy
900 Corporate Pointe
Culver City, CA 90230
Everything in your application might bring better insight to the board. So, you should put your best documents that you can provide in your application. Hopefully it may help you to consider your application.