Southeast Asians have an opportunity to be one of the awardee from SEARCA Graduate Scholarships. If you have a passion in pursuing your master’s degree or PhD degree and live in Southeast Asia, this scholarship program suits for you. Don’t worry about the deadline because it is an annual program. In other words, you can catch up every year on the same date of 31 July. In addition, the course starts on September each year as well. Southeast Asia is full of developing countries now. This is such a great opportunity for those who live in one of Southeast Asia countries.
The goal of SEARCA Graduate Scholarships is to assure the relationship and reactivity of the agricultural scientist especially in Southeast Asia against the sustainable development issues around the world or internationally. In short, this program is to make sure how responsive those scientists to solve current issue that is happening right now in the world. Of course, the scholarship also wants to develop the regions in Southeast Asia so that they can work and communicate each other in a systematic network under SEARCA. If you have a good nationality in your heart, SEARCA can be your milestone indirectly.
For your information, SEARCA has been funding more than 1,500 scholarships within four decades. Then, the chance is now open around you. It is just about the time to know the result whether or not you are selected to the program. The member countries of this scholarship program are Malaysia, Myanmar, Brunei Darussalam, Vietnam, and many more in Southeast Asia. The previous academic year was allocated 1,677 scholarships, and it will be bigger and bigger every year. You can check the scholarship statistics on the official website that we will show in the end of this article.
The host institutions are divided into five universities in Indonesia, Malaysia, Bangkok and Thailand. For the fields of the study, they concern with the agricultural and rural development including the environmental sciences. The scholarship value will cover the tuition fees, travel allowance, thesis or dissertation support, health insurance, and many more.
To be selected on one of the SEARCA Graduate Scholarships, you must be eligible or met the requirements of the program. Here are the eligibilities that you should have:
- The age of the candidates must be lower than 35 years old for master’s degree, and 40 years old for PhD degree at the time they send the application.
- Their nationality should be one of SEAMEO Member Countries (full list of the countries can be seen on the official site).
- The candidates also must propose a thesis research in regard with the Inclusive and Sustainable Agricultural and Rural Development (ISARD). Thus, the research must derive from such theme as the priority.
How to Apply
The application instructions of SEARCA Graduate Scholarships are as follow:
- The candidates should send their applications with other requirements to the Minstiries of Education of their respective countries. Thus, the application will be endorsed by the Ministries of Education before 31 July annually.
- The following documents are listed at here.