The Multi-Agent System or MAS Group is now accepting applications for the PhD Scholarship in Multi-Agent Decision Making at the University of Groningen. Students will have the opportunity to study in the Institute of Artificial Intelligent and Cognitive Engineering (ALICE) of the university. If it is in your area of interest, apply now and get yourself funded to pursue your doctoral degree!
The University of Groningen is a well-known university located in the Netherlands which has an international reputation as an innovative and dynamic institution of higher education. It offers high-quality research and teaching. Balanced career paths and study in various disciplines encourage the 30.000 students as well as 5.500 employees to grow their own individual talents. The MAS group itself has the goal to construct new computational models and theory of higher-order social cognition to improve the development of intelligent interaction between computer systems and people by supporting their abilities to reason about each other. There is only one scholarship available for the PhD Scholarship in Multi-Agent Decision Making at the University of Groningen so it is really competitive and candidates must try their best in terms of their application process. The funding will be awarded in Multi-Agent Decision Making study subject. The funding will be awarded to qualified PhD student with the total amount of € 2.099 every month (gross) from the University for 4 years. All international students of all nationalities are encouraged to apply and national students are welcomed to apply as well.
Candidates must fulfil the following eligibility criteria in order to be considered for the scholarship:
- Candidates must have completed their master’s degree or any of its equivalent in computer science, artificial intelligence, logic, mathematics or theoretical economics
- Candidates must have good command of English, both written and oral
- Candidates must have the ability to work in an interdisciplinary team and be enthusiastic, be highly motivated, have a passion for science, possess good communication skills as well as have an affinity for delivering presentations and writing scientific papers.
- In addition to the aforementioned general requirements, specific research projects may need certain qualifications and students must discuss with the intended supervisors.
Interested candidates must upload their complete application in English before June 25th or until June 24th, 2018 at 23:59 Dutch local time as a single PDF file. Candidates must upload the whole application as “letter of motivation” by means of the application form (apply here).
In order for your application for PhD Scholarship in Multi-Agent Decision Making at the University of Groningen to be accepted, make sure it contains all the following documents:
- CV detailing academic excellence including presentations and publications as well as a copy of passport
- A cover letter explaining yourself, motivation and qualifications to do scientific research, expectations of the doctoral program and choice of a particular subject
- Certified copy/scan of MSc diploma or any of its equivalent. Please include a certified university letter detailing your graduation date and academic records
- Two academic referees (name and contact details)
- English proficiency qualifications
- 500 word research idea.
Correspondence will be limited to top candidates to be invited to write a research proposal independently of no more than 2 pages in the context of the indicated research direction listed here.