The University of Melbourne is now opening Melbourne Research Scholarships. Based on the source, there are up to three hundred scholars, which are available in this period. The scholars will graduate students for Master by research degree and Doctoral degree. This is an annual scholars program so that you may see it again next year. If you are interested in this scholar, you have to check whether or not you are eligible to the program. In addition, Master by research degree means that your activity focuses on researching instead of coursework. Read further explanation after this paragraph.
What are the Benefits?
There are several benefits if you are undertaking the Melbourne Research Scholarships. But, it clearly depends on your circumstances and perspectives. These following benefits may be felt by you after receiving the scholarships. Here are some thoughts about it as follow:
- The selected candidates of the scholars will receive full fee offset for up to 2 years for master by research degree and up to 4 years for doctoral degree.
- They will also receive living allowance based on the degree that they have taken. Master by research students will get living allowance up to 2 years, while doctoral degree will get up to 3.5 years. FYI, the living allowance here includes maternity, parenting leave, and sick leave. They may also get the living allowance annually.
- The student’s relocations from their countries to Melbourne are also included in the program. It allows interstate or even international relocations of Australia.
- They will be a member of Overseas Student Health Cover (OSHC) Single Membership that is important for international students especially for those who need a student visa in Australia.
- There are so many details in regard with the benefits of the Melbourne Research Scholarships. You can check it out on the site after reading this article.
One of the most important factors for the students in applying the Melbourne Research Scholarships is the eligibility that is offered by the institution. Of course, there are some criteria that you have to consider before applying as follow:
- You must be a domestic or international student
- You must be currently enrolled in a course of the University of Melbourne
- You must meet the entry requirements for either master by research or doctoral degree of the university
- You must send the application before the deadline on relevant closing date of each course or faculty.
How to Apply
If you are a new student and have already sent your application for Melbourne Research Scholarships before the deadline, you will be considered as the candidates of the scholarship automatically. Then, the system will notify you about your application status within seven days.
If you are already registered for a Graduate Research Scholarship and look for a scholarship, you must submit an online application form. Afterwards, the notification will be delivered to you within seven days as well as the previous condition.
For your information, the Melbourne Research Scholarships have ongoing deadline on each faculty or course. Make sure you check your chosen course deadline at here.
There will be the entry requirements for the new students and application form.