We got fresh news from Japan that JSPS-UNU Postdoctoral Fellowship Programme for international students is now looking for applicants all over the world. You must complete the eligibility criteria and send an application to have a chance for it. Check them all below.
The JSPS-UNU Postdoctoral Fellowship Programme for international students allows the successful candidates to study in Japan next year. For your information, the fellowships are made by collaboration between the United Nations University and the Japan Society for the Promotion of Science. The primary aim of the programme is to promote and provide young researchers so that they can conduct advanced research related to the thematic focus areas of the UNU Institute. The programme is also intended to help the successful candidates who have already finished their doctoral degrees for over six years. The primary field of study must be in the humanities, social sciences and natural sciences.
Here is a list of benefits of the fellowships as follow:
- A round-trip air ticket (based on Japan Society for the Promotion of Science regulations),
- A monthly maintenance allowance of JPY362,000
- A settling-in allowance of JPY200,000,
- Overseas travel accident and sickness insurance coverage, etc.
The location of the UNU-IAS is in Yokohama, Japan. You will have a chance to study abroad in Japan through the fellowships because it is available for international students except for Japanese people. So, it would be a great chance for you to prove that your projects will contribute for both your home country and the world.
Before going further about the JSPS-UNU Postdoctoral Fellowship Programme for international students, you must know the research projects that you must have and be included as one of the research areas of the UNU-IAS. They are as follow:
- Global Change and Resilience
- Governance for Sustainable Development
- Education for Sustainable Development in Africa
- Water for Sustainable Development (new project)
- Global Change and Resilience
Make sure your project is included in one of those research areas. Afterwards, you must know the eligibility criteria of the JSPS-UNU Postdoctoral Fellowship Programme for international students below.
- A PhD degree (no ABDs) in a related field, from a range of disciplines including but not limited to human geography, environmental management, environmental governance, ecology, sociology, economics, legal and other social sciences
- Demonstrated research skills in similar areas
- Ability to design and implement research involving fieldwork
- Fluency in English is essential, and a working knowledge of other languages is desirable
How to Apply
Please provide an online application form to apply the fellow JSPS-UNU Postdoctoral Fellowship Programme for international students ships. You can visit the official page on this following link. If you can’t provide an internet access, please contact the host institutions. In addition, you must indicate an English application form as well as including the required documents before the closing date on February 28, 2018. For your information, the application process has already been available since 1 September. Don’t forget to provide English translation of your application if your application isn’t in English. The host institution will announce the successful candidates next year in May.