You must see this Japanese Government Scholarships for international undergraduate students because there are so many benefits that you are going to have as the successful candidates. Please make sure you are going to meet the eligibility criteria before the deadline.
As you can see on the title, the Japanese Government Scholarships for international undergraduate students is hosted by the Japanese government in order to help international students in pursuing their bachelor’s degree. They will start their course next year. The government whose responsibility to provide the scholarship is the Ministry of Education, Culture, Sports, Science and Technology. The name of the scholarship is MEXT Scholarship Program. The eligible students of the scholarship must be able to pick one of the two offered fields. They are Social Sciences and Humanities and Natural Sciences. The primary aim who can join the scholarship is international students from the country whose diplomatic relations with Japan.
The advantages that you are going to receive as the scholarship recipients are as follow:
- Tuition fees
- 117,000 yen per month
- Monthly stipend of 2,000 or 3,000 yen in order to provide those who completing a study or research in designated areas
- Travel costs
For your information, the Japanese Government Scholarships for international undergraduate students duration is about five years and it starts from April 2019 to March 2024. The one-year preparatory education in the Japanese language is already included. Here are the eligibility criteria that you are going to meet as eligible candidates:
- You must come from a country that has already diplomatic relations with Japan. This means that the applicants who come from Japan aren’t eligible. But, it doesn’t close a possibility for those who have dual nationality.
- You must be born between 2 April, 1994 and April 1, 2002.
- You must have finished 12 years of schooling in countries other than Japan or their studies at a school equivalent to a Japanese upper secondary school in countries except Japan.
- You must have some interest in learning Japanese language. It can be started before you arrive in Japan.
- You must have and provide a health certificate signed by a physician attesting to show your healthiness without physical or mental conditions
- You must able to arrive in Japan between 1st and 7th of April 2019. You have to remember the date because is it so important for the candidates.
- You must receive a student visa at the Japanese diplomatic mission in your country and come in Japan with the citizen status as student
How to Apply
Please send your application of Japanese Government Scholarships for international undergraduate students by completing the required documents to the Japanese diplomatic mission in your country before the closing date. However, you must know the documents firstly from the Japanese embassy because each country has different application process. You can consulate it at the Japanese embassy as well. It also happens when you ask about the deadline because it varies per country. You can begin reading the important information about the scholarship through this following link. It includes how to apply the scholarship via online application process.