International students who wish to pursue either their bachelor’s degree or doctoral degree can now benefit from the International Student Science Scholarships for undergraduate and postgraduate program at the University of Queensland. The university is now accepting applications from students who show interest in Science. Read on to find out the entrance requirements and eligibility.
The University of Queensland (also shortened as UQ) is a research university located primarily in Queensland’s capital city, which is Brisbane. It is a sandstone university that is consistently ranked among the top in every international university rankings. You will meet with a lot of great opportunities studying here and if financial obligation is the one thing that hinders you from becoming a student there, you shouldn’t worry no more for International Student Science Scholarships for undergraduate and postgraduate program at the University of Queensland is now open for all international students for the academic year of 2018/2019. The funding is broken down into two categories, namely The Full Degree Scholarship as well as Advanced Standing Scholarship. The former is awarded to students enrolling in year one at the UQ at the Faculty of Science full degree program. It is a single payment with the total amount of AU$ 10.000. The latter is given to students enrolling in the Faculty of Science program at UQ with advanced standing (credit articulation), e.g. on the basis of prior study at a Polytechnic. It is also a single payment with the total amount of AU$ 3.000.
In order to be eligible, candidates must meet all the following entrance requirements below:
- Must be an international student in Australia
- Have a conditional or an unconditional offer from UQ (with all conditions conformed to the scholarship deadline)
- Must be high school graduate for bachelor’s candidates as well as obtained an entry score that is equal to a Tertiary Education in Queensland rank of 96 or above
- Postgraduate candidates must have a bachelor’s degree as well as obtained a GPA of 6 or above on a 7 point scale
- Haven’t already commenced studies at UV, regardless if you look for a change of program
- Doesn’t receive another scholarship
How to Apply
The mode of the application is online. Note that, applications which are inaccurate or incomplete will be disqualified. Students should submit their application form no later than June 1, 2018. Please visit this link to commence your application.
This International Student Science Scholarships for undergraduate and postgraduate program at the University of Queensland is narrowed down into the aforementioned categories and both must follow the following steps:
- Lodge an official undergraduate or postgraduate application form for international students at UQ for entry into one of the eligible Science programs through your agent or directly UQ
- Get a UQ Student ID Number as well as an unconditional offer. A conditional offer is also possible as long as every condition is to be met by the scholarship deadline.
- Complete and then submit the Science International Scholarship online application form from the link above.
Candidates are recommended to read their definitive rules for this funding prior to application. In case you have any questions please refer to their FAQs.