There is an International Doctoral Research scholarship in Arts at LUCA School of Arts in Belgium for all international students. Here is the chance for all doctoral researchers who have a passion or interest in the field of arts. Apply now before the offer expires!
LUCA School of Arts is located in Belgium. This institute offers both academic as well as professional Bachelor, Master and Postgraduate programs. To this day, there are already more than 3.000 students who can choose from more than 30 program available at this school including programs in Interior Design & Construction, Audiovisual Arts & Techniques, Music & Drama and Visual Arts & Design. Even though most programs are taught in Dutch and proficiency in this language is recommended but there will be accommodation for international students for all programs because of the considerable amount of elective courses that are taught in English and also due to the small groups where studio practice is taught.
The International Doctoral Research scholarship in Arts at LUCA School of Arts is available to pursue doctoral research program in the field of Arts with Spatial Experiences: auditory, visual, tactile, sensorimotor as well as conceptual. The school offers a four-year doctoral scholarship at KU Leuven which will start within the calendar year of 2018. The first will cover one year and then after the positive evaluation, the funding can be extended with another one year and subsequently with 2 years.
In order to be considered for the scholarship, it is important that candidates fulfill all the following eligibility criteria.
- Candidates must have master’s degree in art or design practice or master’s degree in another field that has strong design or international artistic portfolio
- Candidates’ practices must have a clear research dimension which is relevant to the project
- Candidates must be willing to work in a team or to play an active part in the LUCA research group Art, Space and Context as well as the Department of Architecture/Arts at the KU Leuven.
- Candidates must have the skills to complete long-term, and comprehensive research project in the given time-frame of 4 years
- Candidates must be willing to communicate their researches at conferences through design or artistic presentations as well as publications
- Candidates must be willing to investigate space in all its forms as well as implications. Must also be interested in immaterial and material qualities of space in its social and political context.
- If English isn’t your first language, you should provide English proficiency qualifications that is at higher level
How to Apply
The deadline for the International Doctoral Research scholarship in Arts at LUCA School of Arts is on August 20th, 2018. However they expect written application be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than June 20th, 2018.
Candidature must include:
- Motivation letter detailing how students position themselves within the field of art, education and research and what contribution will be made to the development of LUCA research
- Copy of relevant degrees
- CV which includes a list of publications and artistic portfolio if applicable
- An outline of research project within 500 word maximum
Please merge all documents into one in PDF form. The file shouldn’t exceed 30 MB and should the PDF exceed 10 MB, send it by using an online file transfer service like We Transfer.
For more information, please visit official website.