The international CSIRO Research Fellowship for postdoctoral degree is already ongoing. It is time to prepare your application by meeting the minimum requirements of the fellowships. We have covered the details below.
The CSIRO refers to the Commonwealth Scientific and Industrial Research Organisation. For your information, it is a federal government agency specifically for scientific research in the country, Australia. The primary role is to develop the economic and social performance of industry so that it can be beneficial for the community. The fellowship is restricted only for postdoctoral programme. Some fields of study that you can choose on the fellowship are as follow:
- Data Analytics,
- Behaviour and criminology.
The international CSIRO Research Fellowship for postdoctoral degree will cover some money from AU $80K to AU $91K plus up to 15.4% superannuation.
Please consider these eligibility criteria of the international CSIRO Research Fellowship for postdoctoral degree in order to make you win the award as follow:
- A doctorate (or will shortly satisfy the requirements of a PhD) in a relevant discipline area, including but not limited to Statistics, Criminology, Applied Ecology, Biodiversity Conservation, Fisheries, or Psychology.
- Excellent analytical skills (programming in R, experience with GAMs, GLMs, GIS, data manipulation with large, complex datasets), interpretation.
- Strong science communication skills as evidenced by publication record.
- Experience with analysis and interpretation of data in the project domain.
- The ability to work effectively as part of a multi-disciplinary, regionally dispersed research team, plus the motivation and discipline to carry out autonomous research.
- A record of science innovation and creativity, plus the ability & willingness to incorporate novel ideas and approaches into scientific investigations.
- Applicants of all nationalities are eligible to apply for the fellowship.
How to Apply
The online application is offered by the international CSIRO Research Fellowship for postdoctoral degree. Click on this following link to access the fellowship. The website may require your additional information related to your eligibility criteria. So, please read the eligibility criteria and understand some important information of them. Some documents that you must provide are as follow:
- PhD at the time of commencement, as a minimum requirement, if PhD conferment has not been obtained.
- If a candidate has submitted, but their PhD has not yet been formally attained, the starting salary will be CSOF4-1 ($80,833). Upon CSIRO receiving written confirmation that the PhD has been awarded (within a six month period from commencement date), the salary will be increased to the negotiated level and the difference will be back-paid to the Officer’s start date.
- Appointment to this role may be subject to conditions including security/medical/character clearance requirements. Applicants who are not Australian Citizens or Permanent Residents may be required to undergo additional security clearance processes; which may include medical examinations and an international standardised test of English language proficiency (i.e. IELTS test).-
The closing date of this application process will end on 26 November 2017. Make sure you don’t send late application because the board won’t accept it. Always check the official website in order to know the latest update of the international CSIRO Research Fellowship for postdoctoral degree.