Students of all nationalities except for New Zealand and Australian are now welcomed to apply for the iMQRES and iRTP PhD scholarships at Macquarie University. It is an International Research Training Program scholarships with an addition of International Macquarie University Research Excellence scholarship to help exceptionally bright students who struggle financially to pursue their doctoral degree. Read below and find out how to apply!
MQRES is a PhD scholarship program which has an objective to provide financial support to exceptional research students that have enrolled in research priority areas complying with the Macquarie University’s strategic research framework 2015-2014 world-leading research with world-changing impact including the broader university. The university is located in Australia. Successful PhD candidates who applied for iRTP will be awarded with a 3 year tuition fee coverage as well as travel allowance (will be applied to the OPAL travel card). Meanwhile, if you’re shortlisted for MPhil, you will be funded for two years. Furthermore, iRTP recipients will get living allowance which amounts to $ 27.082.
Candidates applied for admission to PhD who are counter offered entry to second year MRes with a provisional three year PhD as well as those who rank competitively for scholarship, may be awarded a funding to cover the second year of MRes program. On the other hand, the fully internally funded iMQRES will award successful candidates the same living allowance combined with tuition fees for the duration of three years for students who enroll in 2019. Additionally, please refer to this link for information regarding health cover.
In order to be eligible for the iMQRES and iRTP PhD scholarships at Macquarie University, applicants should fulfill the following entrance requirements:
- Must be citizens of countries other than New Zealand and Australia as well as not a permanent resident in Australia
- Must enroll as a full-time student
- Have a master’s degree or expect to graduate in 2018
- Plan to undertake a doctorate or masters of philosophy in 2019
- Must reside in Sydney, Australia for the entire duration of their award tenure. Approved overseas research leave is an exception.
- Proof of English proficiency for those whose English is not their first language
The closing date for the iMQRES and iRTP PhD scholarships at Macquarie University is on July 31, 2018 and no late application will be considered.
For new applicants:
- Commence your application by visiting How to Apply Entry Requirements webpage. Please include the following documents within the application:
- Graduation certificate/degree testamur and academic transcripts. If documents are not in English, an official English translation must be attached
- Qualification’s grading scale
- Certified/original copy of documents of name change only if applicable
- Certified copy of identity such as personal details page of a passport
- Proof of English proficiency
- A research proposal outline including reference list (length varies with each department)
- A research output only if applicable
- Indicate iMQRES/iRTP in the scholarship question
- Applicants’ referees must send the academic referee reports via email firstname.lastname@example.org
Please read the guidelines for candidates who are current MRQ HDR candidates and who hold a Macquarie University candidature offer less than a year old.
If you think your application is wrongly reviewed, you are allowed to appeal in writing to the Executive Director, Higher Degree Research Office no more than 4 weeks after the notified outcome via e-mail: email@example.com