Here is your chance to join World Maritime University’s 14 month MSc in Maritime Affairs program! Applications are now open for students who wish to pursue their Master’s degree in this field. The Australian Maritime Safety Authority is awarding applications with 10 new Government of Australia MSc fellowships at World Maritime University for all qualified candidates from the South Pacific. The application is open all year round so there is no deadline and you can submit yours any time. Read below how you can win this chance!
World Maritime University is a postgraduate maritime university that was established in 1983 by the specialized agency of the United Nations called International Maritime organization. It’s located in Malmo, Sweden. The goal of this university is to further improve the objectives as well as goals of IMO and its member States around the world through research, capacity building and education to ensure secure, safe as well as efficient shipping on clean oceans. This university is truly an organization for and by the international maritime community and that’s why you’ll be able to find so many great opportunities studying there. This Government of Australia MSc fellowships at World Maritime University will ease your financial obligation through scholarship funding.
This funding is open to pursue Master’s program in Maritime Affairs Program for 14 months. Here are programs offered by the university:
- Port Management
- Maritime Education and Training
- Maritime Law and Policy
- Maritime Energy Management
- Ocean Sustainability, Governance and Management
- Maritime Safety and Environmental Administration
- Shipping Management and Logistics
This funding program is available for maritime professionals employed by the Government of Fiji, Nauru, Papua New Guinea, Tonga, Solomon Islands, Samoa, Tuvalu, Cook Islands, Kiribati and Vanuatu. It is a full fellowship funding with the total amount of $ 57.700 including a monthly living allowance, accommodation provided by the university, as well as a plane ticket home at the end of the program. There are 10 fellowships available. 5 of those are available for class of 2019 in September 2018 and the other 5 are for applicants enrolling in September 2019 for Class of 2020.
- Students who are already established in maritime careers
- A Bachelor’s degree in related field or the highest grade certificate of competency for unrestricted service as master mariner/chief engineer
- Relevant professional experience
- Computer literate and solid computer skills for students will need to use computers from the beginning of their semester.
- Competence in English. See the full English requirements
Additional requirements: Accelerated Program
This applies to candidates for advanced standing. They must prove that they’ve already covered the content of the first semester of the standard program.
- A postgraduate qualification in an area directly relevant to the specialization the candidates choose to follow
- Senior level, prior relevant professional experience
- Proficiency in English with appropriate writing skills score and without attending the English and Study Skills Program. See the full English requirements above for tests and marks
- Outstanding IT skills
Candidates to the accelerated program must provide undergraduate and postgraduate transcripts. Full academic reference and marks gained must be provided.
How to Apply
There is no deadline for this program and applications for Government of Australia MSc fellowships at World Maritime University can be submitted any time.
Submit your application via this link
- Create one account and submit one application only
- Complete supporting documentation prior to completing the online form so you can directly upload the file during the application
Visit the scholarship link for more information