The University of British Columbia in Canada is partnered with The MasterCard Foundation Scholars Program to provide a scholarship program for those who wish to pursue their bachelor’s degrees. If you are an academically talented yet economically marginalized young individual with a demonstrated commitment to give back to their communities and contribute to the economic and social developments, you should apply this fully funded UBC MasterCard Foundation Undergraduate Program right now.
For your information, The MasterCard Foundation Scholars Program is a dedicated 10-year global initiative to educate next-generation leaders that will contribute to economic and social transformations. This scholarship provides a comprehensive support and learning opportunities that equip students with knowledge, values and skills needed to succeed in the economy and make positive changes in their communities. This scholarship is open for first-entry undergraduate programs of any field offered by the university. With this fully funded UBC MasterCard Foundation Undergraduate Program, students will receive a lot of benefits that will help them gain the experience and skills they need in order to succeed, such as:
- Full scholarship tuition
- Living expenses; financial, academic
The MasterCard Foundation Scholars Program is available for those who are from one of these Sub-Saharan African Countries.
Central African Republic
Congo (Democratic Republic)
Sao Tome and Principe
Other eligibilities you should fulfill are as follow:
- Present economically disadvantaged financial circumstances correspondent to that of the lowest two quintiles of their country’s socio-economic scale, and show they lack financial means from family or other sources to pursue post-secondary (university) education in their home country or elsewhere
- Have achieved academic excellence (mostly A’s) under difficult circumstances, and show leadership potential
- Commit to returning to Africa right after graduating from UBC and contribute to his/her home community in ways that enhance the economic growth and social development of Africa, through engagement in activities outside the classroom, in the school and/or community;
- Be graduating/recently graduated from a recognized senior secondary school;
- Be applying for their first undergraduate degree in one of the following Faculties at UBC’s Vancouver campus:
- Faculty of Arts
- Faculty of Applied Science (Engineering)
- Vancouver School of Economics (Bachelor of International Economics)
- Faculty of Forestry
- Faculty of Land & Food Systems (including Global Resource Systems; Food, Nutrition & Health; Applied Biology [Applied Animal Biology, Applied Plant & Soil Sciences or Food & the Environment])
- Sauder School of Business (Bachelor of Commerce)
- Faculty of Science
- Be an international student who will be studying at UBC on a Canadian Study Permit;
This fully funded UBC MasterCard Foundation Undergraduate Program is open annually and closed on November 15. Here are the steps needed to be done:
- Complete the online application.
- Submit financial documents and Transcriptby uploading a scan copy of financial documentation and secondary school transcript and other academic information.
- Submit two references with the names and contact details of two individuals who will serve as your referees. We will contact your referees directly and ask them to submit their letter of reference through a secure website.
You can begin filling out the online application here.