This Facebook Fellowship for Doctoral Students can be on your scholarship list because it is designed for those who would like to pursue their doctoral students. As we know, Facebook is one of popular platform right now on the internet. This scholarship program will be interesting.
Who doesn’t know Facebook? Almost everyone in the world has known and ever used this social media platform. The founding father, Mark Zuckerberg, was a Harvard’s graduate. Of course, he really knows about the college students’ lives for sure. Through this program, Facebook doesn’t only provide the people to share and connect each other. It also brings constant innovation because Facebook really treats all research we do to be a serious thing. According to the homepage, this platform believes that the real-world problems are the source of attractive research questions. Moreover, their engineers have no limitation in doing the research projects with a practical focus and push product boundaries.
This Facebook Fellowship for Doctoral Students is expected to make the relationship between the academic community and Facebook closer so that every issue can be managed and solved easily. At least, this relationship will lead us to solve common issues that happen across the world every day. For your information, this is also one of their ongoing commitments in order to create and grow this relationship especially for academician who wants to pursue his or her PhD degree.They finally release and announce this Facebook Fellowship program. The duration of the program is two years. The main focus is the PhD or Doctoral students who are already admitted in 2017/2018 or 2018/2019 academic years.
To specify the coverage areas of this program, Facebook has listed them all here as follow:
- Computational Social Science
- Compute Storage and Efficiency
- Computer Vision
- Distributed Systems
- Economics and Computation
- Machine Learning
- Natural Language Processing
- Networking and Connectivity
Unfortunately, the areas outside this list aren’t the main priority of the program. So, it is important for you to check your current areas or fields of study before considering this fellowship.
Here are the Facebook Fellowship for Doctoral Students benefits if you are selected by the program as follow:
- Tuition and fees will be paid for the academic year (up to two years).
- $37K grant (one-time payment during each academic year).
- Up to $5,000 in conference travel support.
- Paid visit to Facebook HQ to present research.
- Opportunity for a paid internship at Facebook.
This Facebook Fellowship for Doctoral Studentsalso bids some eligibility criteria for the candidates. Although it is designed for international students, students who come from US embargoed countries are excluded from the list. The details of the criteria are as follow:
- Full-time PhD students who are currently involved in on-going research.
- Students work must be related to one or more relevant disciplines.
- Students must be enrolled during the academic year(s) that the Fellowship is awarded.
- The Fellowship Program is open to PhD students globally who are enrolled in an accredited university in any country.
- 1-2 page research summary which clearly identifies the area of focus, importance to the field, and applicability to Facebook of the anticipated research during the award. Please reference the topical areas below.
How to Apply
Prepare your complete Curriculum Vitae, two letters of recommendation, and applicable coursework before submitting your application on the site. The closing date is no later than 31 October 2017.