International students must be happy to see this Eiffel Excellence Scholarships for postgraduate degree because they will study in France, the country of mode or fashion. The host institution offers postgraduate programmes such as masters and PhD studies. Check the details below.
For your information, the host institution of the scholarships is the French Government. In details, it was initiated by the French Ministry of Foreign Affairs and International Development. The primary aim is to provide better French higher education establishment so that it encourages top international students all over to world to pursue their postgraduate studies. They end the application process no later than January 12, 2018 for the academic year 2018-2019. You need to know that the master’s courses are only one and three years of duration. Meanwhile, PhD students will have a joint supervision for finishing their thesis on the second year of the programme. They have to spend about 10 months first in France. There are four major disciplines that you can apply as follow:
- economics and management;
- engineering sciences at Masters’ level, sciences in the broad sense for the Doctorate/PhD level
- political sciences
We also provide the benefits of the Eiffel Excellence Scholarships for postgraduate degree as follow:
- For Master’s level studies, the Eiffel scholarship includes a monthly allowance of €1,181 (a maintenance allowance of €1,031 and a monthly stipend of €150) and can be awarded for 12-36 months.
- For PhD level studies, the Eiffel scholarship includes a monthly allowance of €1,400 and is awarded for a maximum of ten months.
- In addition, the programme meets various expenses including international return trip, social security cover, and cultural activities. Scholarship holders may also receive an additional housing allowance, under certain conditions.
This scholarship doesn’t cover the tuition fees of the scholars.
The eligibility criteria must be considered by all applicants who want to submit their applications. You must read them twice in order to meet the Eiffel Excellence Scholarships for postgraduate degree criteria. They are as follow:
- This programme is only for candidates of non-French nationality. Candidates with two nationalities, one of which is French, are not eligible.
- For Master’s level, the candidate must be at most 30 years old on the date of the selection committee; born on or after 12 March 1987. For Doctoral level, the candidate must be at most 35 years old on the date of the selection committee; born on or after 12 March 1982.
- Only applications submitted by French educational establishments are accepted.
- No application will be accepted for any student who applied previously but was rejected, even if the application is submitted by a different establishment or in another field of study.
- When pre-selecting non-French-speaking candidates, establishments must make sure that their language skills meet the requirements of the relevant course of study.
- Students undertaking a course of study abroad take priority over those already living in France.
How to Apply
You shouldn’t send your application directly to the Eiffel Excellence Scholarships for postgraduate degree. Instead, your application must be sent by one of chosen French Higher Education Institutions. In other words, you should apply to them firstly so that they can send your application to the host institution. The closing date is no later than January 12, 2018 while French Institutions end the application process in December 2017. This link directs you to the official web.