Reach your dream to study in USA next year through this CREEES Wayne Vucinich Fellowship for international students. We cover everything what you are going to do in applying your applications. Read them all below.
CREEES refer to the Center for Russian, East European and Eurasian Studies that is a part of Stanford University. The fellowship offers a residential fellowship for twelve weeks in USA next year. The course starts from April to June 2018. CREEES focus on interdisciplinary study of Stanford University who studies about a comprehensive region of Berlin Wall to the Bering Strait. The applicants of CREEES Wayne Vucinich Fellowship for international students who don’t use English as the first language have to prove they have English language proficiency at the same level of higher level. The closing date is no later than January 10th, 2018. The value of the scholarships is to support international travel, health insurance, and a visa as well as $12,000 stipend for living expenses.
First of all, the CREEES Wayne Vucinich Fellowship for international students allow international students who want to submit their applications. They welcome applicants who come from Russia, East Europe, the Caucasus, and Central Asia. Here are the minimum requirements of the fellowships as follow:
- Scholars in any discipline whose research focuses on historical or contemporary topics in Russia, East Europe, the Caucasus, or Central Asia.
- Scholars who have received the PhD within the past five years are eligible to apply. (A PhD in hand is required at the time the residency begins.)
- Preference will be given to scholars who are residents of countries that fall under the direct purview of the Center: Russia, East Europe, the Caucasus, and Central Asia.
- In addition to library access, the fellow will have use of a shared workspace at the Center.
- Applicants whose first language is not English are usually required to provide evidence of proficiency in English at the higher level required by the University.
How to Apply
The CREEES Wayne Vucinich Fellowship for international students look for candidate who meet the eligibility criteria above and submit the application form. You can download the application form on this following link. Your application must include some documents as follow:
- Vucinich Fellowship application form
- A letter of application/research proposal
- A Curriculum Vitae
- A writing sample (book chapter or article length, in English)
- A short proposal for a public lecture/workshop to be held at Stanford (can be related to research proposal)
- Two (2) letters of recommendation
Incomplete and late application won’t be allowed. Please check the application twice before you start submitting it on the internet. You have to write some required documents before applying your application. It is a short proposal but it requires some important points that you have to describe for a public lecture. So, you must describe your points of view on your proposal. Once again, you have to master your English here. That is why the main requirement is the evidence of your English language. Hopefully, you can win the award of the CREEES Wayne Vucinich Fellowship for international students.