If you have been interesting in the humanities and the social sciences, this British Academy Visiting Fellowships for international students will be on your list now. There are some benefits that you can achieve as the successful candidates. Check the details below.
The British Academy Visiting Fellowships for international students work with almost all UK host institutions. The main aim is to provide and support new research collaborations as well as deepening the existing partnerships among researchers. For your information, the fellowships program is intended to illustrate the commitment of the host institution, British Academy in order to ensure that the country still remains the best place for all academicians all over the world. For your information, the British Academy is still the main body of UK specifically in the humanities and social sciences. This field focuses on studying people, cultures, and societies all of the time from past to the future.
The British Academy Visiting Fellowships for international students set the closing date on January 31, 2018. Some awards provided by the programme are as follow:
- Awards of up to £33,000 are available.
- Funding can be used to support: the subsistence and accommodation costs of the Visiting Fellow; research expenses; travel expenses; and a contribution of 50% of the total award to enable the UK institution to host the Visiting Fellow.
- Each Visiting Fellowship may last a maximum of six months.
There are about sixty international students who can achieve these awards from the Fellowships. But, they have to pass the application process firstly.
In order to achieve the awards of the British Academy Visiting Fellowships for international students, the candidates must complete the eligibility criteria offered by the host institution. They are as follow:
- Researchers active within any discipline within the humanities or the social sciences.
- They may be talented early career scholars who have only recently obtained their PhD degree; mid-career researchers; or established academics with a considerable track-record of achievement.
- Candidates need not necessarily apply to develop collaboration with UK scholars active within the same discipline. These Fellowships are open also to applicants who wish to work with UK colleagues in other areas or disciplines (including scholars within the natural, medical, or engineering sciences), in a cross- or inter-disciplinary way.
- They must provide their English level proficiency is equal with high education level since they are going to study in the United Kingdom.
How to Apply
The only thing that you must to apply the British Academy Visiting Fellowships for international students is through an online application process. The host institution provides a system called Flexi-Grant system in order to help the candidates in submitting their application. You just need to click on this following link in order to access the online application. Please make sure you didn’t send a late application because incomplete or late application won’t be able to bring you as the winner or fellow of the programme. The eligibility criteria are the first thing that you must complete before sending the application because they are the parameters of the board in selecting the successful candidates.