Seize the opportunity to win an AUT-NZTRI Doctoral Scholarship for International students in the Auckland University of Technology, New Zealand. They are encouraging and stimulating full-time domestic and international students in a Doctor of Philosophy for the School of Hospitality and Tourism and the New Zealand Tourism Research Institute (NZTRI) and there is no reason why you shouldn’t be one of the lucky candidates! Find out the details and how to apply below.
Historically speaking, Auckland University of Technology is a former technical college in New Zealand that has existed since 1st January 2000 and later got a university status. They are currently offering scholarships for students both domestic and international to pursue Doctor of Philosophy programme. The School of Hospitality and Tourism/New Zealand Tourism Research Institute (NZTRI) Strategic Doctoral Scholarships are part of the AUT Faculty of Culture and Society Strategic Scholarships. And since this it doesn’t matter if English is not your first language as you will only need to prove that you have enough and appropriate English language skills to succeed in your studies. This AUT-NZTRI Doctoral Scholarship for International students will offer a stipend of $10.000, tuition fees (no less than 120 points per annum at the domestic fees level), as well as compulsory student services fees. The scholarship does not, however, cover compulsory insurance for international students. Moreover, this scholarship is awarded for a maximum of one year. There is no automatic renewal but previous recipients may reapply to be considered for the scholarship on a contestable basis for subsequent years of study in the eligible programme.
Students who wish to apply for this scholarship programme should first make sure they fulfill all the following eligibility criteria:
- Applicants must meet the entry criteria for the Doctor of Philosophy programme at AUT in the Faculty of Culture and Society.
- Applicants must enroll or be enrolling in a doctoral programme of study and prepare to commit to their research full-time in the School of Hospitality and Tourism/NZTRI.
- The applicant’s proposed field of study must be one where the School of Hospitality and Tourism/NZTRI has the expertise and capacity to offer supervision.
If you have made sure you’re eligible for this programme then proceed to apply via the online portal for the Faculty and Culture and Society Strategic Research Scholarship. You can access the site here.
Then, state the area of study you are applying for. Here are a few files you will need to upload:
- curriculum vitae (CV) – a maximum of 2-3 pages
- Academic transcripts and certificates for any previous tertiary study at a university other than AUT University
- A brief outline of the applicant’s research proposal (no more than 2 pages including references).
You will also need to submit referees’ statements of the following:
- Two referees’ reports will be requested through the application portal.
- A letter of support from your primary supervisor or Head of Programme
You can send your applications for AUT-NZTRI Doctoral Scholarship for International students before October 15, 2018, so make sure you do not miss your chance to blow for this opportunity is pretty rare!