APFNet scholarship program is now accepting applications for non-Chinese citizens who wish to pursue their master’s degree program related to Sustainable Forest Management and Rehabilitation. You can apply in one of the following participating universities in China: Beijing Forestry University (BJFU), Nanjing Forestry University (NJFU), Inner Mongolia Agriculture University (IMAU), and Northwest A&F University (NWAFU). You don’t get this kind of golden chance often, apply now for this APFNet Scholarship for Graduate Program at Participating Universities.
APFNet (short for Asia-Pacific Network) is a non-profit international organization that has the goal to expand forest cover, improve forest ecosystem and advance sustainable forest management and rehabilitation in Asia and the Pacific. The APFNet scholarship program is launched in 2010 under the APFNet’s Capacity Building Framework that provides support for qualified students who want to complete a Master’s degree program related to Sustainable Forest Management and rehabilitation. This year, APFNet is offering to fund for 30 candidates who apply for the APFNet Scholarship for Graduate Program at Participating Universities.
Majors offered are:
- Forest Economics and Management (BJFU)
- Forestry (NJFU)
- Forestry Engineering (NJFU)
- Soil and Water Conservation and Desertification Control (IMAU)
- Environmental Engineering (NJFU)
- Soil and Water Conservation and Desertification Control(NWAFU)
- Forest Protection(NWAFU)
Scholarships will be given for the full 2 year duration. The details are as follows:
- Monthly stipend
- Campus accommodation of CNY 1.500 monthly for alternative lodging
- Comprehensive medical insurance
- One round trip international tickets between students’ home economy and China
- Lump-sum payment for outpatient medical services regardless of actual costs
Each universities have different student eligibility so read below to find out:
- NJFU and BJFU
- Candidates should citizens who are non-Chinese and are from APFNet member economies including Indonesia, Thailand, Australia, Papua New Guinea, Canada Hong Kong China, Nepal, Bangladesh, India, Brunei Darussalam, Cambodia, Lao PDR, Mexico, Fiji Islands, Mongolia, United States,Myanmar, Singapore, Sri Lanka, New Zealand, Chinese Taipei, Peru, the Philippines, Malaysia, P.R. China, and Vietnam. Candidates from developing countries are prioritized.
- IMAU and NWAFU
- Because these universities specialize in arid as well as semi-arid forest, candidates must be non-Chinese residents from Greater Central Asia such as Uzbekistan, Mongolia, Kazakhstan,Tajikistan, Kyrgyzstan and Turkmenistan
Candidates must be 18 years old and maximum 40 years old. They should be in good health condition. They must have obtained a Bachelor’s degree or an equivalent degree from an accredited higher education institute in forestry or any related field. Furthermore, candidates with at least 2 year work of experience are prioritized. Proficiency in English is a must (all the courses of this program will be taught in English). Application is written in English and therefore they should have an excellent command of English. Female applicants encouraged.
How to Apply
If you wish to apply for the APFNet Scholarship for Graduate Program at Participating Universities then you should apply from the desired university directly (one of the four listed above). Please visit the specific host university websites because application procedures as well as materials may vary.
Beijing Forestry University (BJFU) follow this link.
Nanjing Forestry University (NJFU) follow this link.
Inner Mongolia Agriculture University (IMAU) follow this link.
Northwest A&Forestry University (NWAFU) follow this link.
Remember that the deadline is on May 31, 2018 and it applies to all universities so make sure you apply before the due date!