There is good news for those who want to pursue their master and doctoral degrees because the Adelaide Scholarships International is already open for international students all over the world. The deadline will be close on 31 August 2017 and the study will start in 2018 or next year. As you can seat the title, the study will be conducted in Australia. The exact place is at the University of Adelaide, Australia. These postgraduate students will be directed to undertake their projects in the form of researches. That is the main reason of this program by the way, which is to attract the international students to conduct some researches.
The field of study of the Adelaide Scholarships International isn’t limited at one segment only. The students can choose any Master’s degree by Research or Doctoral Research Degree that are offered by the university. Please remember that the number of scholarship is limited. All students can apply the program except for those who come from New Zealand. For your information, the students who take master’s degree will get two years of tuition fee cover from the program, while doctoral degree students will receive the course tuition fees for three years.
Not only the course tuition fees, but also they receive the annual living allowance. Based on previous program, the living allowance was up to $26,228 in 2016. The health coverage is also available for overseas students. But, it is only for those who hold a subclass 500 visa. The ones who don’t hold it must cover the health insurance by themselves.
There are plenty criteria that the candidates must meet for the Adelaide Scholarships International or ASI, and we break it down here as follow:
- The candidates must at least have completed the Australian First Class Honours degree or its equivalent from their home countries. Those qualifying programs of study must be achieved and completed.
- The scholarships will only be granted based on the academic merit and the research potential that they want to undertake at the University of Adelaide. So, extra-curricular achievement isn’t included as the consideration.
- The International candidates mustn’t have any research qualifications especially which come from the University of Adelaide or its equivalent.
- The international candidates must also prove that their English skills are meeting the minimum requirement.
- The citizens of Australia and New Zealand aren’t eligible for this program.
- The candidates who have already applied for Australian citizenship permanent status are able to apply the program.
- The candidates must have enrolled in appropriate semester, which is appropriate with the program.
See the detail eligibility on the site.
How to Apply
The online application system is available for the Adelaide Scholarships International. Hence, you should prepare all documents in the form computer files. Then, you can now submit the required documents within a formal application and send it via Internet. The application will be accepted no later than 31 August 2017 because the class will be started next year. For further details, please always check the link at here. It is always important to send the application before the deadline so that the team will process your application faster.