Here’s your chance to pursue your Doctoral degree in Italy! Students can now apply for the 34th Cycle PhD scholarship for international students at University of Macerata for the academic year of 2018/2021. Anyone of all nationalities is eligible to apply provided they also meet the other entrance requirements which you can find below.
The University of Macerata is one of the oldest universities in Europe that was founded in 1290. This university’s primary activities are centered on the humanities and social sciences and the fact that Italy is rich in culture and history makes it a perfect place to study in the aforementioned areas. Students who wish to pursue their Doctoral program for the academic year of 2018/2021 should apply for the 34th Cycle PhD scholarship for international students at University of Macerata to get rid of partial financial obligations. As a basic requirement, candidates must hold a B2 level qualification in English since degree courses are taught in English. They can also hold the equivalent qualification in Italian if they choose degree courses that are taught in Italian.
This PhD scholarship is available for students that want to take the following programs:
- PhD program in Literary Studies, Linguistics, Philological
- Memories and Digital Humanities
- Ancient and Modern Languages and Literatures
- Linguistics, Philology, Text Interpretation
- PhD program in Human Science
- History, Politics and Institutions in the Mediterranean Area
- Psychology, Communication and Social Science
- Philosophy, History of Philosophy and Human Sciences
- PhD Program in Legal Studies
- Law and Individual Rights
- History and Theory of Law
- Private Law and Legal Proceedings in a Comparative and European Perspective
- Institutions and Local Community in the National, European and International Perspective
- PhD Program in Quantitative Methods for Economic Policy
- Network Analysis and Online Data Mining Methods for Economic Policy
- Mathematical and Statistical Methods for Economic Policy
- Multisectoral and Computational Methods of Analysis for Economic Policy
- PhD Program in Global Studies, Law, Politics, Rights
There are 10 scholarships in total and all of them can be taken at the University of Macerata, Italy. The funding amounts to ₤ 15. 343, 28 every year and the scholarships are awarded on the basis of the final ranked list of every PhD course to candidates that have never received funding for PhD research previously, neither in part or wholly.
Candidates that have been granted the scholarships must register with the Gestione Separata INPS (Separate Contribution of the national institution for social security) according to Art.2, para. 26 of law No. 335 of 08/081885.
Candidates must meet all the following criteria in order to be eligible.
- Must be a graduate, regardless of religion, gender, nationality or age, holding a bachelor’s degree conforming to the laws existing prior to ministerial decree No. 509/99 or a master’s degree or any equivalent qualification conducted by a university institution abroad
- If you have Bachelor’s and Master’s degree that are obtained abroad, you must upload such documents accompanied with a list of exams you’ve passed as well as the relevant translation into Italian. Applicants in this case are provisionally accepted to their chosen courses and don’t have to undergo this public selection should the qualification not fulfill formal entry requirements of research program.
- You may still submit your application for PhD program even if you expect to be granted your degree award by October 10, 2018. In this case, enrolment and admission are conditional to your statement holding true.
- Further additional terms and conditions for admission are provided on Annex A (PhD course program)
This scholarship has two deadline sessions as follows:
- Session 1: June 5, 2018 at 2.00 PM (GMT +2)
- Session2: September 4, 2018 at 2:00 PM (GMT + 2)
Students interested in this 34th Cycle PhD scholarship for international students at University of Macerata may commence their online application.
By the end of the computerized matriculation procedure, students must print and sign the enrolment application and attach the following documents:
- Copy of a valid identification document
- 2 photographs in card format with one applied on a special form
- Copy of health card and receipt of payment of the first instalment of taxes
- Non-EU citizens must attach a copy of residence permit
- Stock holders must attach declaration of the percipient
- Self-certification employment situation
Promply send the application as well as the documents to the Office for Scientific Research and Advanced Research Training (Via Don Minzoni, 17-62100 Macerata) either in person or by post or PEC: ateneo-at-pec.unimc.it
Visit the official scholarship website for further information.